Oncology Sales Specialist - Upper Midwest Minnesota/Wisconsin at Invitae
Territory: Upper Midwest Minnesota/Wisconsin
Invitae is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and people-oriented individual to join our successful and dynamic Oncology Sales Specialist Team. In this role you will drive awareness and adoption of Invitae’s companion diagnostic (CDx) assays and Research Use Only (RUO) assays in your assigned region with pathologists and oncologists. This specialist partners with Invitae Women’s Health and Oncology Service teams to identify, educate and close sales to new and current Invitae customers. This individual also liaises with Invitae’s Clinical Science Liaison, Marketing and Product Management teams to educate partner sales teams and collaborate on relevant marketing collateral regarding the importance of molecular diagnostic methods for precision therapy selection.
- Identify customers in NCI/NCCN cancer centers, academic medical centers, IDNs and large oncology practices to promote and drive adoption of Invitae’s companion diagnostic and RUO sales with pathologists and oncologists.
- This position will be a dual role of selling and implementing on-site testing and also selling services to customers should they want to send samples outside of their institution
- Lead the collaborative development and implementation of sales strategies to win market share in assigned territory.
- Build strategic relationships with customer stakeholders (e.g. sourcing/procurement, scientific leadership, lab directors), especially in the field of oncology testing.
- Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
- Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in the CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative.
- Conduct product presentations to high level decision makers, with and without our technical and clinical team’s assistance.
- Partner with members of the Invitae marketing team to coordinate CDx promotional materials and content, providing “continuous feedback” voice of customer input.
- Work cross-functionally with the product marketing team, Women’s Health and Oncology team and Payer Relations team to drive sales.
- Build and manage relationships with industry key opinion leaders (KOLs) to drive adoption of CDx and RUO incremental new assays .
- An in-depth understanding of all disease states associated with Invitae oncology products and the ability to decipher and communicate product differentiation for competitive positioning.
- Identify changes in testing landscape and work with internal and external stakeholders to remove barriers to diagnostic testing
- Structure detailed strategic plans for gaining and retaining new and existing clients.
- Ensure highest level of adherence with company’s regulatory, legal, and compliance policies
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitors and market trends that are impacting product utilization of customers.
- Attends various sales meetings and professional conferences around the US on as-needed basis.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-10 years of sales experience preferred with a strong record of success selling/promoting complex products in molecular pathology, oncology and diagnostics to hospital and/or reference laboratories desired.
- Strong knowledge of Precision Medicine, Somatic Cancer Diagnostics and the Clinical Genomics space.
- Strong knowledge of competitive library preparation methodologies in the clinical genomic space and various sequencing platforms
- Technical knowledge of minimal residual disease, molecular biology, somatic oncology and next-generation sequencing preferred.
- Ideally the candidate would have high-level contacts in pathology at the major NCI/NCCN cancer centers in their geography responsible for making institution-wide decisions on the internalization or send out of various oncology tests
- Experience with somatic oncology test send-outs including the complexity of getting FFPE blocks out of customer institutions is preferred
- Ability to assimilate complex information and present ideas in a simple effective way.
- Industry/Application expertise. Working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, applications, value propositions).
- Keen understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the oncology and diagnostic space
- Highly motivated, with excellent self-management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving quota.
- Strong business development, negotiation and sales closing skills
- Impeccable oral and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team selling environment to achieve territory sales goals.
- Prepared to travel on a regular basis ( > 50%) throughout the assigned territory.
B.S. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics or a related field
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.