Operations Specialist - Sales, Compeat Pay
Compeat is a leading provider of SaaS fully-integrated technology solutions for the restaurant industry. We are growing exponentially and are looking for phenomenal people to grow with us. We pride ourselves on our amazing people, top-notch technology, and a fun employee-focused corporate culture.
The Operations Specialist - Sales, will provide technical sales leadership to the Sales team at Compeat. The Operations Specialist - Sales will be involved in all aspects of the sales cycle and will be a critical resource in driving new business. Working closely with Sales Managers and Account Executives this person will understand the technical requirements of prospective customers, design solutions that deliver business and technical value, provide detailed product demonstrations and deliver in-depth technical presentations to prospective customers and business partners. This position requires excellent communication (written and oral) skills, facilitation, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization. This position requires strict attention to detail in all aspects of your work to include project planning, project management, and time management. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to have a deep technical knowledge and a business understanding of Compeat’s payment solution, the Restaurant industry and be a technical leader in sales cycles with both prospects and customers.
Technical Pre-Sales Expertise (60%)
- Answer all pre-sales inquiries for both sales colleagues and prospects.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations to sales prospects.
- Build-out/set-up of various technical demonstration environments that reflect current Compeat Pay functionality and typical customer requirements.
- Build, deliver and explain marketing decks regarding product ROIs to prospects.
- Provide feature and functionality training and awareness, including video presentations, for other members of the sales team.
- Work with prospects to understand their requirements and translate their needs into Compeat’s technical payment solution.
- Collaborate with the broader sales team and respond accurately to functional and technical questions about Compeat Pay within an RFI/RFP.
- Deeply understand the Restaurant market to help prospects understand the benefits of Compeat Pay.
Post-Sales Support & Account Management and Development (30%)
- Upsell functionality (new and not yet contracted) to existing customers in collaboration with Sales team.
- Facilitate contract process via Docusign and deliver complete package to implementation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of the Compeat Pay team to support implementations.
- Evaluate existing customers to measure utilization and then support education interventions to ensure full features and functionality are realized to maximize enterprise value and use.
Customer Process and Product Improvement (10%)
- Participate in improving sales support tools and the CRM to enhance collaboration among the broader sales team.
- Contribute to streamlining Compeat Pay’s contracting process to reduce sales cycles.
- Establish, implement, evolve, and manage an appropriate sales support methodology for Compeat’s payment solution for internal and external sales team members and partners.
- Stay abreast of competitor’s offerings and Compeat Pay’s differentiators.
- Work with Product Management to help them understand current market requirements and product development opportunities.
- Support Marketing efforts on Product positioning.
- Take part in the testing of new product functionality.
- 2+ years of successful experience working in sales or account management in the SaaS software industry.
- Provide technical expertise on pre-sale calls including technical discussions, demonstrations, presentations and proofs-of-concept.
- Manage the technical aspect of the sales process by developing technical strategies and tactics for the sale of Compeat solutions and resolving all technology issues throughout sales cycle.
- Actively team with Account Executives to develop an account plan combining business & technology strategy.
- Provide timely, insightful feedback to the product management team about the problems customers and prospects are trying to solve and suggest products/features that we could develop to meet the market’s needs.
- Experience and passion delivering technology solutions to all levels within an organization.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills with the ability to tailor dialogue to targeted audiences.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including experience writing documentation, assisting with SOW development, and corresponding with customers and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with internal team members, customers, and business partners.
- Consulting and troubleshooting skills highly valued.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills; professional presentation skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker who understands a SaaS Sales cycle and the need to meet revenue targets.
- Must be able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Must have and be able to maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.
- Payments and/or financial analysis experience preferred
- Intuitive, self-directed and takes action.
- Easily adapts to changing environments and processes.
What is Compeat?
We are one vendor, one contact, one login. That is what our customers love. We are the only restaurant management software that provides a full end to end solution. From back office and accounting to workforce management and payroll, we make it simple and we integrate it all. We’ve been in business for 16 years and provide service for over 7,000 restaurants. Our customers range from restaurants with one or two shops, to hundreds of locations, from boutique fine dining to national chains, and everything in between.
Who We Are: Restaurant Peeps and Technology Geeks.
What We Do: Deliver powerful solutions that streamline restaurant operations.