Outbound Business Development Representative
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 1,000,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laugh together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.Our Values
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
As a Business Development Representative, your job is to help grow our B2B side of the business by generating qualified opportunities. If you are driven by a desire to Learn All The Things, educate potential buyers, and act as a subject matter expert in the field of Cloud Training, this might just be the job for you.In this role you’ll get to:
- Manage the outbound lead generation and qualification process for A Cloud Guru
- Convert leads into qualified opportunities
- Work directly with our Account Executives to create strategic outbound cadences
- Attend trade shows, Serverless conferences, and other events that introduce you to potential clients, current clients, and our students!
- Celebrate the little wins and learn from lost opportunities
- Deliver A Cloud Guru's unique value proposition to prospective clients
- Relentlessly track activity in Salesforce while using Salesloft and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Collaborate with other sales teammates to create a winning culture
- Outbound sales experience
- Experience working in a role that included heavy prospecting and creating qualified opportunities.
- Experience researching industries and potential buyer personas
- SaaS and Subscription-based selling is a plus (but not a requirement)
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.Our crew
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.