Partner Solutions Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a Partner Solutions Specialist, you will identify and execute on merchant-focused sales and marketing campaigns to ensure our merchants have the product solutions and services they need to be successful. In this role, you'll be drawing on your sales and client engagement experience as well as your knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem to consult merchants on how to grow their online business. This role will work closely with various internal BigCommerce teams as well as strategic partner teams to help our merchants understand and adopt products, services and best practices for increasing their online sales.What You’ll Do:
- Outbound (call, email) and engage with targeted client lists that are part of integrated marketing and sales campaigns to qualify clients for partner solutions.
- Use consultative selling techniques to provide value to our merchants while recommending the appropriate solutions to take their business to the next level.
- Generate qualified referrals for partners and internal SBD sales team, achieve KPIs, and drive revenue for identified products, services and solutions through outbound cross-sell sales activities to merchants
- Conduct account research, acquire accurate contact information and develop tailored messaging to engage existing BigCommerce merchants
- Work closely with Partner Managers, Client Development Executives and other internal teams to better understand campaign and cross-sell objectives and build better discovery and qualification processes
- Collaborate daily with partner sales teams to create a seamless client experience for driving adoption and awareness of partner solutions.
- Become proficient in key partner solution areas and be up to date with current ecommerce trends, tips and solutions in order to be a trusted advisor to our client base
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way
- Draw upon your experience to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done
- Strive to exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, educating existing BigCommerce merchants on technology app solution value proposition, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities to achieve goals and project KPIs.
- 1+ years proven sales or account management experience, including at least 6 months in a high-volume, fast-paced inside sales environment, preferably at a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- Possess a firm understanding of eCommerce, 3rd Party Applications, and business models to help position solutions to savvy eCommerce store owners
- Experienced prospecting into mid-market and enterprise accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, persuasion, negotiation, presentation, and client relationship skills are critical
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease
- Solution-oriented with the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track
- Positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools) is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field a plus