Pre-Sales Solution Consultant at Bold Commerce
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:25 a.m. (CST) on Friday, October 15, 2021
Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
The Pre-Sales Team is looking for a full-time Pre-Sales Solution Consultant to coordinate outside the box sales solutions for our brands, from SMB merchants to enterprise clients. In this role, you will become an expert in Bold’s applications and the ecommerce platforms we integrate with, and will use your industry and technical knowledge to package a complete ecommerce solution for our brands. Ultimately, you will help our Sales & Partnerships teams reach their objectives and help accelerate our growth. We’re looking for someone who is hungry to learn and ready to take the next step in their career.
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise, an understanding of Bold’s products, be very solutions-minded, have excellent communication and presentation skills and be driven to get the job done.
What you'll do
- Become an expert on Bold products and solutions
- Provide product demonstrations and create compelling business cases for our brands, from SMB merchants to enterprise clients, storytelling and communicating the value proposition of our products
- Teach and mentor the Sales Team and other members of our organization on the custom functionalities of our apps and how a solution is developed
- Analyze client requirements and documentation determining the key pain points we need to solve
- Translate system architecture trends into product requirements
- Influence sales strategies and practices by building relationships with leaders and teams across the business
- Educate prospects and partners on ecommerce recommendations and best practices
- Engage closely with our agency and tech partners
- Work strategically with Bold Product Managers to prioritize business requirements that require additional product capabilities that will assist with selling
- Communicate and present the business and technical requirements to the Enterprise Services launch team for hand- off
What we’re looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 4+ years experience in pre-sales and/or sales engineering, preferably in ecommerce
- Related post-secondary education
- Experience discovering the root cause of the problem and documenting system requirements to solve for that
- Strong documentation experience; using terminology for all levels of the organization, including tech specs, formal statements of work and Gantt charts Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to cultivate, and build strong, trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders, collaborating often and holding team members accountable
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms and ecosystems
- Ability to tailor a technical solution to fit a brand’s needs
- Ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to comfortably present to brands from C-level executives to deep technical discussions with IT and everything in between, tailoring the message to the audience
- A wizard in multitasking—working on multiple projects with competing priorities at the same time will be a key piece of this role
The Hiring Process:
This will be a multi-step hiring process. At a minimum the steps to go though include:
- Screening call with HR
- Initial interviews with the hiring manager and SCA Team
- A technical sales presentation with Account Executives
The technical sales presentation will include a typical sales scenario where you will be role playing the role of the Pre-Sales Solution Consultant to the audience. This will be approximately an hour of the presentation with an hour of follow-up, and further questions to you. Review these resources to get an idea of the sort of dynamic we are looking for:
- The Edutainer: https://www.presalescollective.com/podcast/episode/cb99d397/46-the-edutainer-withstephen-miller
- Tell-Show-Tell Technique: https://vimeopro.com/2win/demo2win-flip-with-virtual-coaching/video/124225047
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!
Read Full Job Description