Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Google, Microsoft, Disney and Sprint.
We are looking for a stellar Sales Engineer that will be responsible for creating clear and concise presentations and demonstrations associated with active sales opportunities and delivered to prospects as part of a solutions sales process. This position requires someone who is quick thinking, flexible, creative, and analytical. The ability to research, learn and quickly leverage complex information to our clients is a key component of this position. The ideal candidate will be located on the East coast as she or he will support the East region.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The best Fortune 1000 companies in the world trust Khoros to help them build closer, more personalized and trusted relationships with their customers. Some of our clients: Microsoft, Google, and AirBnB (to name a few). We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
- Works with potential and existing customers in a pre-sales capacity
- Presents solution concepts to technical and non-technical customers
- Demonstrates Khoros products to customers and prospects onsite or remotely via web conference
- Create strategic business reports providing clients with meaningful, actionable insights about their brand, products, or campaigns
- Summarize key trends and insights, including the ability to make decisions around what delivery method is best to showcase the right results
- Partners with sales representatives to respond effectively to issues and opportunities.
- Works in conjunction with sales and sales operations to develop timely and professional responses to assigned sections of RFPs' and RFIs'.
- Develops and maintains competitive technical knowledge of the Company's top 5 competitors.
- Conducts in-depth functional evaluations of customer requirements and business objectives.
- Articulates customer requirements to Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from Sales to Services and to ensure successful customer implementation of Khoros products.
- Become an active, integral part of sales strategy and execution
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Develops and delivers compelling custom demonstrations to highlight product value to a specific customer
- 1-3 years of relevant sales engineering experience
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships
- Ability to read situations and people and react accordingly
- Willing to travel as required (up to 50% domestically)
- Corporate or Enterprise Social Media Management, listening, marketing automation, or research experience.
- Experience with solution selling
- Ability to demonstrate software products and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge
- Comfortable and effective while collaborating within a team environment
- Self-starter with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
- Strong ability to position and demonstrate business applications by showing key business flows and product differentiators.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information about a business need, rapidly analyze the contents, and determine the best possible solution.
- Self-starting, proactive, and resourceful
- Must be able to clearly articulate needs, define goals, and continuously look for new ways to deliver concise information
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly change focus to meet deadlines and special report requests
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience