Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Industry analysts predict that within 10 years, 4 out of 5 decisions will be machine assisted. Currently, only 1% of data is even being accessed, let alone leveraged to make better decisions. As the adoption of advanced analytics, machine learning, and Edge/IoT continues to proliferate, 100% data availability will be the primordial ingredient required for enterprises to be successful at scale. However we have reached a tipping point where the effort involved in making data accessible is far exceeding the value we create with the data.
Positioned as an Enterprise Data Virtualization company, we leverage a deep portfolio of inventions that modernize data access by simplifying, accelerating, and enabling improved control over data. We are based in Austin and Palo Alto, and we are a cohesive team determined to bring about a complete revolution in the way enterprises access data. Our team wakes up every day energized by our mission to unlock human potential through the power of data. Solving this incredibly difficult access problem will lead to a super evolution across in industries like Healthcare and Transportation.
If you want to join a team who will make a huge impact on the future, this is what we are looking for:
We are looking to add a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to our growing team.
- Partner with Molecula AEs to deliver customer pilots according to requirements agreed by the customer.
- Be accountable for customer experience during the pilot and closing new logos.
- Develop and maintain playbooks, demos and other tools for executing successful pilots.
- Evangelize Molecula and interact with customers at major events.
- Work with AEs and PMs to develop customer specific feature requests.
Ideally you’d have:
- 2-3+ years experience in a technical sales or consulting role
- Prior experience in Machine Learning/AI, IoT related products and solutions
- Experience with a variety of data stores (i.e. relational, noSQL, graph, Hadoop) and data pipelines (i.e. Apache Kafka)
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and front-line engineers
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- A desire to build a new team as part of a high-growth organization
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- An intellectually curious and empathetic personality
- Ability and interest in working at high velocity, with a high degree of collaboration
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Go or other concurrent programming language - multithreaded or coroutine based
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
What You’ll Need (The Basics)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience exceeding sales goals
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background
- Fast-moving start-up and knowledge of big data, AI/machine learning, IoT concepts and use cases
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrated success in winning new accounts and creating pipeline in new markets
- A network of strong relationships in the enterprise that can be leveraged getting off to a fast start
You are the ideal ideal candidate, if:
- You are a quick learner and likes to dig deep
- You like to win, at all costs, you don't take NO for answer
- You have been described as tenacious and persistent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.