About the Company
We’re an award-winning business, recently voted Best Small Companies in Austin! Brightpearl exists to automate retail so merchants can spend their time and money growing the business.
Brightpearl is designed for retailers and wholesalers and enables omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business easily from one single system. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform and we manage over 10m transactions and $3b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform which typically gets retail businesses up and running in less than 60 days - twice as fast as our competitors. We are increasing our investment across the teams to take us to the next level and we’re looking for proactive self-starters to hit the ground running on our Sales team.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
Presales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Clearly articulate and the benefits of Brightpearl’s solutions and tailor product demos to all levels including functional employees up to "C" level executives;
- Creatively develop solutions to unsolved and complex business problems with Brightpearl, it’s API and other integrated apps;
- Challenge prospects on their current operating model and build a compelling business case for Brightpearl;
- Advise on sales and upsell opportunities and act as subject matter expert in prioritizing those sales opportunities;
- Scope the overall solution required to meet customer needs looking out for any potential issues, and then produce and deliver a technical proposal to the prospect;
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests and product enhancements as needed;
- Control and manage your own deals when required;
- Maintain account and opportunity updates within Salesforce to help manage and prioritize sales opportunities.
Presales Engineer Essential Experience & Attributes:
- 2+ years of presales engineering experience, supporting the sales cycle for a multi-faceted SaaS platform (CRM, ERP, Accounting, Ecommerce, etc...);
- Solid communicator and team player with excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Self-driven, hard-working, persuasive, tenacious and takes responsibility;
- Proven track record of successful quota achievement, increasing deal size and accelerating the buying process;
- Previous experience in one or more of the following desired: SAP, Netsuite, Oracle, JDA, Infor, Torex, MS Nav/AX, Epicor, Sage or QuickBooks;
- Previous ecommerce experience using Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, Ebay, Amazon, etc...
- Experience with financial applications and understanding of accounting principles;
- Must be located in Austin, Texas or willing to commute
- A genuine desire to learn and succeed in tech sales;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to increase opportunity value and win rates;
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself;
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you.
We offer a competitive salary, plus a superior benefits package including 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance, and our office in Downtown Austin is an open, vibrant workspace. Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!