Principal Technical Account Manager at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Principal Technical Account Manager
At Adobe, we're changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and build content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously crafted content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day-and we harness the power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We're a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that's why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. Adobe is managing explosive growth and finding new ways to harness the potential of its software, people, and culture in a developing digital world!
Principal Technical Account Managers (TAM) are accountable for the technical success of Adobe's largest and most sophisticated customers. They are responsible for developing and execute a customer strategy critical for the health of the solution stack, driving adoption and usage, risk mitigation and alignment across Customer executives and senior level decision makers. They will use an extensive network of internal resources such as technical & product specialists, customer success champions and a team of supporting personnel with the goal of enabling the Customer to fully bring to bear their Adobe investment.
- Lead Premier Support engagement as the technical executive point of contact throughout the Customer's solution usage lifecycle. Inform and support customer's technical strategy with Adobe Solutions via service delivery plans with clear outcomes.
- Assess strategic Customer technical risks and opportunities and orchestrate extended Adobe team to build and execute mitigation and "get well" plans.
- Drive clear communication across Customer operational areas. Maintain regular and appropriate governance with both internal and external executive teams. Drive alignment and transparency, facilitating and reporting on overall engagement status and outcomes.
- Advocate for Customer across internal Adobe teams. Optimize client's investment and accelerated task, issue execution and resolution. Drive innovation, roadmap influence, standard methodologies, and process improvement back into the Adobe ecosystem.
- Responsible for the global engagement model, review cycle across multiple BU's and/or brands.
- Consolidate holistic cadence across all technical partners and influence delivery achievements across multi-solution, multi-discipline engagements.
- Work hands on with Adobe's internal Customer Success Management, Managed Services, Engineering, TechOps, Product Management, Support, and the Adobe Consulting practice and third-party partners in support of customer's technical success.
- Lead a matrixed services team that may involve multiple project teams from Adobe or client or partner organizations. Develop effective working relationships with Customer partners.
- Make recommendations on how new and existing features fit within customers' environments, supplying standard methodologies and recommendations!
- Lead project-based, consultant-led architectural and design discussions to ensure solutions are optimized.
- Mentor immediate team members as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in related subject area of the technical industry. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Geographically located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in a senior capacity in consultative, customer support, customer success and/or related role in marketing technology.
- Strong executive presence. Ability to collaborate multiple teams throughout Adobe and client-side VPs, including CMOs and CXOs.
- Strong presentation skills, including confident presence over the phone and via conference tools. Leading meetings, workshops, and reviews in front of audiences both small and large.
- Strong conflict-resolution skills to drive closure to customer concerns and open technical issues. Maintain strong personal organizational ability to prioritize work against client goals.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills that enable you to represent Adobe best within a customer's environment. Driving discussions with multiple teams from developers and analysts to management and senior leadership.
- Validated organizational, prioritization skills and an ability to work in a highly matrixed environment.
- Capable of driving clarity and resolution across a broad set of issues with the Customer: technical, architecture, business process, and partnerships.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges to help our customers realize the software investment, efficiencies, advantages, and innovations.
- Awareness of development methodologies and technologies and understanding of and experience with marketing software and domain principles.
- Experience and familiarity with the following (a plus but not a hard requirement): Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager (AAM), Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), Adobe Campaign, Adobe Magento, Adobe Marketo, Adobe Target.
- Travel, when permitted, to client locations (approximately 15-20 percent).
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our outstanding Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.