Process Improvement Leader, Customer Success Services
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2018, is looking for a Global Process Improvement Leader for our Austin Four Points office. In this exciting role you will set strategy for and guide efforts to develop, implement and support processes and operational excellence practices and culture within the Customer Success Services organization and BigCommerce.
What you’ll do:
- Directs process development and improvement initiatives that support BC’s strategies for growth.
- Guides, supports and approves use of process improvement (including Lean Six Sigma) projects, tools and techniques.
- Provides career development coaching and support for employees advancing through LSS “Belt” levels.
- Provides direct support and assistance to the SVP of Customer Success Services in developing OE goals, strategy and practices for both CSS and BC in general as appropriate.
- Collaborates and partners with senior executives and business stakeholders across the organization to identify issues and select and prioritize projects that ensure work aligns with strategic goals and delivers business benefits.
- Provides assistance and direction to senior business leadership in driving adoption and institutionalization of LSS and other process standards, methodologies, performance measurement concepts and best practices within business functional/operational teams.
- Develops and maintains a business process management framework for BigCommerce, including the methodology and tools required for Six Sigma program/project management and delivery.
- Directs and manages other Operational Excellence functional programs including the Corporate NPS Program and Corporate Churn Reporting responsibilities.
- Directs project leaders and team members ensuring all process improvement projects are completed in line with the BigCommerce process improvement methodology.
- Trains and oversees others on how to use Six Sigma tools and techniques / supports the certification of Green Belts within BigCommerce.
Who you are:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified, demonstrating a breadth of knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools, methodology and statistical analysis and the practical application of the same in solving business problems.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in process design, process mapping and process improvement tools and techniques.
- Project Management Certified (PMI or equivalent) and 10+ years track record of successful identification and implementation of large, cross-functional business and process improvement projects and programs.
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder relationships, partnerships and interactions; demonstrated ability to influence at all levels in the organization.
- Strong understanding of strategy development and implementation.
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing others and directing work efforts in a matrix environment to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to be self-driven, take initiative and work independently.
- Proven experience mentoring and coaching individuals in the area of process improvement.
- Proficiency with statistical and process management software, such as QI Macros, and flowcharting software or process mapping software, particularly Promapp but also others such as iGrafx, Visio, Lucidchart etc.
- Proficiency with project and program management software such as Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, Gantter etc.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events