Professional Services Operations Specialist at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to the cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
The Professional Services (PS) Operations (Ops) Specialist role is a newly built position that will evolve over time. Our Specialist will focus on managing and developing a scalable end-to-end registration process for our Training offerings and all of the related operational tasks, so we can deliver the best customer experience and recognize revenue effectively. In parallel, they will drive day-to-day operational management of our partner program and the subcontractors we utilize to deliver our broad variety of services globally. This role will also include providing temporary PTO support for the regional PS Ops teams and supporting additional initiatives as and when required by the business.
This is an impactful, dynamic, and multi-functional role, partnering with our worldwide Leadership team, clients, sales, and consultants to ensure the successful delivery of our services.Responsibilities
- Coordinate updating class schedules on MongoDB.com
- Build classes and perform pre-course set-up in MongoDB’s business systems
- Handle instructor assignments and timecards
- Monitor student enrollments
- Own day-to-day communication with client and instructors about class logistics
- Address global questions and issues by handling the training alias email-to-case queue and escalating as appropriate.
- Verify class evaluation submissions and completion certificate distribution
- Collaborate with the global PS Operations team to remind clients of unused training days to fill classes and reduce backlog
- Produce management reports on training business KPIs
- Responsible for the required operational duties related to training so revenue can be recognized effectively month on month
- Review course evaluation, propose process improvements, and strongly contribute to improving the day-to-day processes, tools, and scale around our training scheduling, registration, and attendance processes.
- Interact with partner company resource management team to evaluate Partner Consulting Engineer (PCE) availability and maintain in MongoDB’s resource management tool, FinancialForce
- In partnership with our Procurement, Business Systems teams, and our PS Partner Manager, onboard and manage PCEs
- Utilize FinancialForce to track PCE availability, coordinate and maintain assessments, and ensure compliance with day to day PS operational requirements (i.e. timecard, PTO, and expense submissions)
- Submit PCE purchase requisitions to procurement
- Send assignment emails to PCE, client, and other impacted parties
- Verify PCE evaluation submissions for shadowing events and distribute
- Provide monthly and quarterly partner utilization reports
- Work with global PS teams to maximize the billable utilization of active PCEs
- Update and improve the processes related to the partner program
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability in handling operations for fast-growing teams
- Proven track record and passion for being in a client facing position and leading internal projects that drive operational excellence, efficiencies, and scale
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, as well as organization skills
- Must be proactive and able to use initiative with an ability to learn on the job
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to last-minute changes, as well as prioritize, highlight risk and escalate as appropriate
- Ability to establish credibility with business owners from around the organization and to build strong partnerships with other teams
- Flexible in approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Previous experience in a Professional Services and/or training or partnership environment is a plus
- Previous experience using FinancialForce is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish
- Communication: Build strong relationships and keep stakeholders accountable, manage expectations and risks with a wide variety of audiences.
- Operational excellence: Follow the Ops team and PS org day-to-day processes at all times. Suggest processes and controls that seamlessly adapt to business growth and changes over time.
- Proactive mentality: Think forward, anticipate how to best prioritize resources and the backlog, and bring the necessary stakeholders to the equation to prevent last-minute emergencies
- Problem-solving: Collect, analyze challenges and bring solutions to the table
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.