Regional Channel Account Manager, SBD (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth and we are looking for a Regional Channel Account Manager.
Our ERP Business Consultant is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and managing the Back Office (ERP, OMS, IMS, PIM, etc.) value added reseller (VAR) relationships. You will be an important contributor to the Strategic Business Development team and work closely with Sales and our valued ERP partners to manage the channel pipeline and go-to-market activities that bring new clients to the BigCommerce platform. Your passion and success will help enable our mission to democratize commerce and change people’s lives through our platform.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.
What you’ll do
- Drive net new BigCommerce revenue by recruiting, onboarding, and managing Back Office Technology Partner VARs
- Define, manage, and publish VAR success metrics on a weekly basis. Manage and forecast sales pipeline of all referrals from VARs.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Sales, Product, and Client Success teams (Onboarding and Account Management) to ensure smooth sales cycle (co-selling with VARs) and onboarding experiences of our joint merchants (including engaging with ERP-focused BC agencies)
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies with Strategic VARs and programmatic communication with the larger VAR ecosystem. Liaison with VAR Marketing orgs to conduct account based marketing campaigns to maximize BC exposure to VAR customers and prospect base.
- Actively participate and represent BigCommerce in the Acumatica ecosystem events, including Acumatica Summit, partner webinars, and R1/R2 launch regional events.
- Become subject-matter-expert and deliver ongoing presentations to enable new VARs and act as the main point of contact for all VAR escalations.
Who You Are
- Successful Software or SaaS Sales Professional
- 5 + years software, ecommerce or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- 3+ years experience in a quota based Channel Sales
- Experience working in a Recurring Revenue or SaaS organization
- Keen understanding of the ecommerce and ERP competitive landscapes
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue goals and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce and helping businesses become wildly successful and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You get first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Business Acumen - You know what to prioritize, creatively solve complex problems, and use data to make decisions. You have a deep level of knowledge about how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have a deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools). Technical knowledge and/or ability to write code is a plus.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project).