Revenue Chief of Staff at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
The Chief of Staff is a key leadership position on the revenue team. This highly visible role is a key partner to the Chief Revenue Officer to drive operational excellence and deliver repeatable business results. This position assists the Chief Revenue Officer in determining and managing priorities, driving operational cadence, and represents the Chief Revenue Officer across many scenarios. The ideal candidate must be passionate about high quality repeatable processes that produce short, mid and long-term results. Must possess excellent analytical, critical reasoning, interpersonal, communication, influencing and leadership skills. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
Sales Cadence – The ultimate measure of success is continuing to drive revenue as a collective organization. The Chief of Staff is responsible for ensuring programs are in place to drive sales cadence globally in service of management to the number and high utilization of resources. This includes ensuring we are driving pipeline driving activities, QBRs, large deal reviews, executive involvement, and high deal closing velocity. The Chief of Staff should constantly be evaluating whether we are managing and allocating resources effectively.
Sales Leadership Team – Partner with global revenue leaders to ensure an accurate pulse on priorities on a weekly cadence. This includes driving the agenda for Functional Leads and meeting with global leaders (and ideally teams) regularly. In addition, this role should include active participation and contribution in quarterly and annual reviews. This leader should ensure best practices are shared across sales teams and communicate critical information from global teams to cross-functional partners.
Drive cross-functional buy-in for sales needs – Maintain regular communication with stakeholders in product, marketing, compliance and legal teams and partner with cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize global needs.
Effectively triage escalations – Our global teams often rely heavily on quick root-cause analyses and fast information sharing. Time sensitive escalations may include driving cross-functional conversations to get to the bottom of complex issues that have become a business blocker or helping ensure fast turnaround for specific prospect and customer needs.
Communication – Ensure consistent impactful communication to the revenue team, customers, partners, and other key stakeholders. This includes driving internal transparency and playing an active role in company-wide escalations. This also includes sharing revenue narratives company wide (e.g. win/losses at BEER meeting).
Catch-All! – Things to do are constantly changing. The Chief of Staff should be open to taking on various initiatives that are important at any given time. Some examples may include launches of new offices, ensuring new leaders ramp successfully and teams with capacity gaps get additional coverage.
- Broad commercial experience with global customer facing teams
- Experience playing “up and down the stack”, having worked within both Operations and Strategy functions
- Experience working in a global company that provides mission-critical high-availability services
- Ability to operate with limited information and competing priorities.
- Ability to transform general strategic direction into tactical action plans, with validation from stakeholders
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
- Strong ability to define and manage multiple deliverables
- Exceptional planning and resource management skills
- Strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, to include conflict resolution; demonstrated skills in systematic problem solving
- Experience in developing new and uncharted business solutions which have significant, direct impact on profit and loss
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional environment to develop solutions that maximize business results
- Must be able to manage conversations with Cloudflare’s executive team
- Broad business background with the ability to converse intelligently with other functional areas such as Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales, and IT, as well as vendors and customers
- Broad and independent functional knowledge and ability to navigate complex environments
- “Calm under fire” demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of general management experience; minimum five years of experience in Corporate Strategy, Sales, Consulting, Strategic Planning or Business Operations
- Strong strategic and financial analysis skills
- Proven ability to navigate across organizations.
- Experience working in a high-growth organization
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.