RFP & Deal Support Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Sales Operations, Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers and Customer Success - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced RFP and Deal Support Manager who is excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced environment to support a growing global Sales Team. The role will help to ensure that all RFP/RFIs that are completed by Cloudflare are consistent and polished in their representation of our services. The role will manage the completion of all RFPs in addition to being responsible for creating and maintaining a database of reusable answers. This role will partner with Sales Leadership, Product Marketing, Product, Communications, and other teams to assist in maintaining brand consistency and technical accuracy in all completed RFPs. This individual will also be expected to support all aspects of the proposal process including writing executive summaries, and assisting in pricing and deal negotiations especially with high-value customers. This role will sit within the Global Sales Operations Team. The ideal candidate thrives in a high-pressure environment, has strong project management skills, and is excited about learning how Cloudflare helps make the Internet work.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Ensure all RFPs are reviewed, approved, and properly documented
- Develop robust and repeatable RFP processes; identifying process improvement and sales training opportunities
- Build a repository of common questions and answers as a self-service resource for completing RFPs
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Security teams
- Develop and deliver management reports that synthesize the effectiveness of the pursuit process and its impact on deals. Use techniques such as formal post-deal debriefs and internal/external surveys to identify best practices and areas for refinement
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience. Minimum of 2+ years of Deal support experience
- Detail-Oriented while having a good grasp of the end-to-end process
- Self-starter with the ability to function independently and in a timely manner
- Ability to manage own workload and adjust priorities to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate under pressure/with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work non-standard hours, this role will be supporting global RFPs and will sometimes need to work early and/or late hours
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com required; experience in additional sales productivity tools or quote to cash systems preferred
- Experience with Loopio or similar RFP management tool a plus
- Familiarity with SaaS industry a plus
- Experience with pricing large SaaS deals
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.