Sales Account Executive, Higher Education Solutions
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Account Executive with experience selling Advancement software solutions within the Higher Education Western Region Territory. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from lead to close, and must love the thrill of the hunt. They will also help internal teams continue to innovate by sharing knowledge of client challenges, as well as their understanding of Blackbaud's Fundraiser Performance Management, Guided Fundraising, and Talent Management platforms for colleges and universities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Qualifying, pursuing and closing sales opportunities within a territory specific to the Fundraiser Performance Management, Guided Fundraising, and Talent Management offerings.
Managing complex sales cycles within Higher Education institutions.
Conducting comprehensive discovery meetings to uncover business challenges and opportunities for improvement.
Consulting with C-Level contacts to create value through ROI analysis and recommended business process improvements.
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Using/maintaining internal sales tools (salesforce.com) for CRM and pipeline management
- Engaging with technical and/or executive team members in complex sales scenarios
- Developing client proposals that effectively communicate our products and offer customized solutions for each unique nonprofit organization
- Ongoing, self-directed monitoring of higher education marketplace and competitor developments
- Regular engagement with product management to deliver intelligence on client needs
What we’ll want you to have:
- Understanding of sales methodologies (i.e. value selling, target account selling, solutions selling, strategic selling)
- Proven history of consistent over-quota achievement of sales goals
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment and to adapt to change easily
- Demonstrated success in client relationship management
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience selling/implementing in student information systems or the higher education market is a plus
- Additional skills might require a combination of previous experience working/selling to the non-profit community, working in an educational affiliated organization, or having a background in student information systems.