Sales Account Executive II, Prospecting - NonProfit Software at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Prospecting Account Executive to cover a geographic territory with experience selling complex software solutions. This person will have the opportunity to work with inspiring philanthropic organizations such as the ALS Association, Children’s Home & Aid, and World Animal Protection. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from lead to close, and must love the thrill of the hunt. They will also help internal teams continue to innovate by sharing knowledge of client challenges as well as their understanding of Blackbaud’s offerings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Qualifying, pursuing and closing new business sales opportunities within a territory
- Analyze and tier prospecting territory to focus on high propensity to buy accounts
- Understand the mission of each prospect and quantify how the Blackbaud solution will make an impact
- Ensure all of the prospects goals and values are delivered through a custom demonstration created by your team
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Using/maintaining internal sales tools (salesforce.com) for CRM and pipeline management
- Engaging with technical and executive team members in complex sales scenarios
- Developing client proposals that effectively communicate our ROI and offer customized solutions for each unique nonprofit organization
- Ongoing, self-directed monitoring of non-profit marketplace and competitor developments
- Regular engagement with product management to deliver intelligence on client needs
What we’ll want you to have:
- 3-5 years of software solution sales experience, SaaS a plus
- Understanding of sales methodologies (i.e. value selling, target account selling, solutions selling, strategic selling)
- Proven history of consistent over-quota achievement of sales goals
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment and to adapt to change easily
- Demonstrated success in client relationship management
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Nonprofit industry experience a plus
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.