It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The SMB sales executive is responsible for selling WP Engine services and solutions to smb and mid-market customers across a wide range of industries using an engaging, customer-focused, strategic sales approach.
Are you tech savvy and motivated by closing the deal? This role is for you!
What Is Cool About This Job
In the mid-market sales executive role we get the opportunity to engage with customers to define and understand their needs, and we get to work with internal support resources to develop and propose practical solutions. You will work qualified leads with a short to medium term deal cycle engaging with contacts in marketing, technology and infrastructure, security, and legal.
Successful mid-market sales executives are adaptable and learn quickly; they are well-rounded and communicate persuasively; they seek solutions and are eager to take the initiative; they are passionate about continuously driving value and taking a unique approach to each project. They are also resilient, tenacious, motivated, and driven to win.
The Day to Day
- Run discovery on qualified inbound leads to determine fit for business level WP Engine offerings.
- Communicate WP Engine’s offerings to customers and deliver compelling product demos and proposals tailored to their specific needs.
- Close net new business and manage customer relationships through the onboarding process.
- Build and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline through marketing-leads, customer referrals, and executive introductions.
- Maintain accurate CRM information on customers and opportunities within Salesforce.
- Make effective and efficient use of our customer experience teams and sales engineers to educate customers and help them make informed buying decisions.
- Collaborate with internal sales, support, and engineering systems to ensure that customer’s buying experience is simple, clear, and driven by business needs.
- Position our company's capabilities and value proposition to resolve customer concerns or objections throughout the buying process.
- Provide sales reports to management and executives on a regular basis and assistance on special projects where required.
Your Expertise and Passion
- Minimum of two years of direct sales experience with an unbeaten track record of meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota.
- Experience in mid-market to enterprise sales space taking care of more sophisticated sales cycles
- You're a natural on the phone.
- You realize that our company is a niche platform and it's not about the sale, it's about what's best for the customer and WP Engine. Success means we both succeed.
- You're organized, focused, adaptive, and can give concise reports on opportunities to company leadership.
- Experience selling software products and customizable solutions to marketing and sales professionals strongly preferred.
- Previous WordPress experience is a plus.
- Sandler Sales Training can help you stand out.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer ambitious market salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner of the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.