Sales Administrative Assistant at Hippo Insurance
Role: Sales Administrative Assistant
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
Hippo’s sales team is growing rapidly and we’re in need of some Administrative support for the team. This is a newly created position that will be essential to improving the overall efficiency and productivity of the team. You will work with sales leadership to understand the priorities of the department and support them in creating the needed reporting to drive decision making.
- You are highly organized, efficient and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- You have a genuine interest in Sales and helping Hippo win by giving us insights into our performance.
- You are a problem solver and enjoy making the puzzle pieces fit together.
- You are proactive and can adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
- Provide administrative support across the Sales department.
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports, which include monthly evaluations, commissions, status reports, phone reports, etc.
- Monitor and report real time and historical phone statistics to ensure we’re there for our customers.
- Assist in making PowerPoint presentations
- Manage complex calendars, and schedule internal and external meetings
- Be accountable for confidential and time sensitive materials.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- 2+ years of experience working in an administrative capacity (Sales or Insurance experience is a plus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must
- Ability to work with internal partners and to create workflows
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn how to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.