We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Sales Analyst will be a member of the Sales Operations team in support of Canva’s continued growth. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages fact-based analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s Sales & Success business drivers and build strong relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to create actionable analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Canva’s history.
In this role, you will forecast and analyze quarterly business results, perform complex ad hoc analysis, and identify performance opportunities. This person will develop reports and reporting tools that transform large amounts of data into actionable information. Examples of possible analysis workload include: performance variance analysis, forecast accuracy analysis and sales pipeline analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with quarterly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- Identifying and understanding business trends and quarterly forecast variances
- Preparation of management reportsUnderstand and facilitate commission structure and payments
- Conduct ad hoc analytical studies in support of operational improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain models and reports to clearly communicate actual results and forecast performance
- Complete quarterly variance analysis and identify key business drivers
- Create tools to facilitate the analysis of transactional data
- Documents processes, makes recommendations, and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors in Finance and/or Accounting or related discipline is required
- 2-4 years’ experience in Financial Analysis or Sales Operations
- Proven capability in financial modelingExperience with modeling and budgeting
- Very strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and the able to interact with various levels within the organization
- Advanced Excel skills and capable of interpreting/manipulating data
- Salesforce experience a plusUnderstanding of the levers which impact business performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present the results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to a wide range of business leaders
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description