Sales Compensation Lead
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a highly skilled Sales Compensation Lead or Sr Analyst to join our growing sales strategy team. This position will be responsible for designing, analyzing, and managing Cloudflare’s compensation plans, quotas, and processes. This role incorporates strategic planning, data analysis and hands on execution for a hyper growth sales team. The candidate should be familiar with SaaS GTM models and sales processes, in order to align incentives with roles and responsibilities that support the overall sales strategy. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment, and demonstrate curiosity, empathy and initiative.
Responsibilities range from strategic (developing compensation recommendations based on business objectives, building consensus among leaders) to operational (ensuring metrics can be tracked, compensation calculations are managed so employees are paid accurately and on time).
What you'll do
- Manage the end to end compensation crediting process
- Owned and administered compensation crediting models and systems
- Communicate with sales team and relevant stakeholders on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner
- Build and/or maintain a variety of models to track/forecast program costs and determine potential break-even and/or ROI. Report to finance on commission cost trends and drivers
- Participate in commission plan and quota design cycles, performing analyses to inform potential plan improvements, design, and quota changes
- Respond to crediting conflicts between different sales teams and roles
- Assist in the development of commission plan training materials and building earnings estimators
- Respond to plan design exception requests from regional leadership
- Project managing deployment solutions across internal and external business partners, from documentation of final plan designs through deployment
- Be a trusted advisor to the sales organization and recommend solutions to compensation and performance related issues
- Evaluate the current Reward and Recognition programs and recommend improvements based on best practice
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 4-6 years of analytical experience in sales ops, business ops, strategic planning, finance, or related fields
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, science or other quantitative fields
- Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models and validate assumptions, perform analyses, summarize, and present results in a compelling manner
- Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings, excellence, pay for performance)
- Superb Excel skills: model building, use of advanced formulas and arrays, pivot tables, data manipulation
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to solve problems.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and compensation systems a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.