Sales Development Fellow, Fall 2019 at MongoDB
Our sales development team is the next wave of top account executives at MongoDB. We view our sales development program as the perfect way to turbocharge a long and successful career in sales, and the Sales Development Fellowship is the very start of that journey. SDR Fellows will work closely with the broader SDR team as well as our partners in both sales and marketing to create fanatical customer enthusiasm about MongoDB, gain insight into prospective markets, and uncover new qualified sales opportunities.
To aid in this endeavor, we invest heavily in the training and development of our team. From group training sessions with both Sales Leaders and Solutions Architects in the Austin office, to 1:1 coaching sessions with an SDR mentor and/or Manager, to hands on application and feedback of your newly learned skills, we take a multitude of approaches to ensure you graduate from MongoDBs Sales Fellowship program with a strong foundation of both sales methodology and technical knowledge.
What can you expect to leave MongoDBs Sales Development Fellowship with
- A strong understanding of Value Selling methodologies such as Command of the Message and MEDDPICC.
- Knowledge and hands on experience building impactful outbound call, email, and social campaigns to get in touch with a prospect.
- A strong foundation in sales techniques, from cold calling to email writing to influencing prospects over the phone and creating leverage in a conversation
- A fresh perspective on professional skills such as active listening, champion building, stress and time management and etc.
- Exposure to and relationships with Sales people of all levels that will pay off both when you first search for a full time sales role and long after!
What will you do as a Sales Development Fellow at MongoDB?
- Work part-time out of our Austin office during the summer and school year to expand their career in sales
- Identify high-potential businesses that would be a good fit to work with MongoDB across the NA market
- Work with the sales team to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meetings for the sales team
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Build strong relationships with our marketing team and Account Executives, where we pull together to maximize the win for our business
- Invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
We’re looking for someone with
- A strong appetite to build a career in sales
- A self-starter with a track record of hitting and exceeding goals - whether those goals be work related, academic, or athletic
- Superior communication skills including both phone and written communication as well as active listening
- Phenomenal character with an incredible drive for success, high work ethic, curious by nature and obsessed with smashing goals
- Proven time management skills and ability to work either independently or through coaching
- Desire to work in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn new and exciting IT software products, as well as, understand business critical solutions quickly
Life in MongoDB
- Our Austin office culture
- MongoDB's Headquarters for NA Sales Development and Corporate Sales
- Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT, Legal
- Regular group outings and parties; including our annual summer boat party!
- Employee affinity groups, Fun Teams, etc.
- Our Core Value
- Think Big, Go Far: We are big dreamers with a passion for creativity. We eagerly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption
- Make It Matter: We are relentless in our pursuit of meaningful impact. We think strategically and are clear on what we are and are not trying to do
- Build Together: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Embrace the Power of Differences: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Be Intellectually Honest: We embrace reality. We apply high-quality thinking and rigor. We have courage in our convictions but work hard to ensure biases or personal beliefs do not get in the way of finding the best solution
- Own What You Do: We take ownership and are accountable for everything that we do. We empower and we are empowered to make things happen, and balance independence with interdependence