Sales Development Manager
We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Denver, & Austin, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, Bessemer Ventures, and Mark Cuban.
Brightwheel is building the first mobile platform for early education with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Denver, & Austin our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform with a purpose and measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids.
As the Sales Development Manager, you'll be responsible for leading a growing team of Sales Development Representatives (SDR) responsible for the top of our sales funnel. You will interview, hire, train, coach and mentor representatives in a high-touch leadership role. You’ll help them make an impact through optimizing daily prospecting efforts including: cold calling, prospecting emails, lead qualification, lead generation, call statistics, meetings booked, conversions and pipeline build.
You will frequently collaborate outside your function with Account Executives, Inside Sales Representatives, other Sales Managers, Ops and Marketing as you steer the SDR team to success.
- Empower SDRs and coach on key company objectives and performance achievement
- Coach on effective sales strategy; both inbound and outbound lead handling
- Mentor reps to excellence within their role and provide support for a long and rewarding career with brightwheel
- Implement and monitor efficient processes
- Define performance driven metrics, and expectations for pipeline creation
- Report to VP of Sales on team performance and KPIs
- Motivate, incentivize, and recognize team members to encourage top performance
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, and onboard new team members
- Identify opportunities to level up; implement solutions thoughtfully
What you'll need:
- 2+ years experience as SDR/BDR or Inside Sales Representative
- 1+ years of experience leading or managing a team; preferably in outbound sales for SaaS and/or other B2B technology-based products or services
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth startup environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, time-management and high emotional intelligence
- Able to implement repeatable and efficient processes using the tools available; Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach, GCal, GMail, etc.
- A passion for improving the world through education
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.