Sales Development Manager at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, NJ CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateSales Development ManagerMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn’t have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?The opportunity
As a Sales Development Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping and implementing AppSumo’s Outbound & Inbound sales strategy. If you thrive in a fast-paced and exciting environment and want to help build out an extraordinary team and company, then this is the role for you.
Your primary focus will be on training and coaching the BDA team. Cold Emails, Direct Mail, Cold Calls, Creative Follow up, whatever it takes to help us find and help as many awesome AppSumo Partners contractors as we can. This role is integral to the holistic success of the business, and you will be working hand-in-hand with leadership to build out the best BDA/SDR team in the country.What you’ll be doing
- Shaping and implementing BDA/SDR strategies and processes
- Managing a team of 5+ quota carrying BDA’s
- Defining performance metrics by which BDA’s will be measured (e.g., call/email activity, response rates, accounts generated, account quality, lead-to-close)
- Monitoring activities, such as call and email volume and key performance metrics linked to lead qualification
- Delivering ongoing training on sales prospecting, email outreach, and calling
- Coaching and mentoring of individual BDA’s through call shadowing, role play, and performance reporting
- Hiring and on-boarding new BDA’s
This is a unique role that requires, hyper attention to detail, emotional intelligence and strong communication.Must-have skills
- 2+ years experience as SDR/BDA (business development associate) or inside sales AND 2+ years of SDR/BDA management experience
- Track-record of success managing a high performing inside sales team
- Strong understanding of outbound pipeline generation processes
- Enthusiastic and vibrant attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Analytical mindset comfortable generating reports and identifying trends in data
In the first three months of this role, success means fully understanding the sales process of Select and Self Listing offerings, creating relationships with all direct reports, and hitting team goals in the 3rd month.Bonus skills
- Background in SaaS Sales organizations focused on SDR practices
- Proficiency with Hubspot
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.