Sales Development Rep (Carrier Development)
Sales Development Representative (Carrier Development)
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how supply chains have operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers, suppliers, 3PLs, and carriers and created the first truly connected digital platform in logistics that provides real-time visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We build industry-leading connectivity solutions in the cloud using modern architecture for a very old industry that is over 15% of GDP. Come put a dent in the universe with us.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Qualify leads from FMCSA and marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and account executives
- Stay up-to-date with the industry and the company’s new products & services
- Prospecting into personal and targeted lists by building relationships to develop new freight opportunities from cold / warm leads.
- Outbound telephone-based prospecting for Shipwell’s tech enabled execution software.
- Going above and beyond the expected 50+ calls per day with the intent to qualify key leads and expand the sales pipeline.
- Update and maintain the sales database as appropriate, including new lead data discovery tied to achieving team and personal goals.
- Report on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative to the Carrier Success Manager.
What you need to have:
- Clear, confident communication and technical skills
- Strong work ethic proven through school or professional performance
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to demonstrate competitiveness
What is Preferred:
- BA/BS degree
- Preferably past experience in the Supply Chain/ logistics/ Carrier sales/ Carrier Procurement
- Fast learner, especially around technology
- Ability to be a self promoter and manage workflow in a fast paced environment
- Additional language skills preferred
What we offer:
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest-growing companies in Austin
- Competitive Pay
- Amazing company culture
- Room to grow and tons of mentoring
- Gym reimbursement and onsite Fitness Classes
- Being a part of a rapidly growing startup company
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company-sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone (even the new folks) has a voice