Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a role that encapsulates Sales and Marketing with the purpose of generating leads and turning leads into opportunities. The SDR is responsible for supporting the Sales department throughout the entire sales cycle. This includes a focus on qualification of all leads, development of qualified opportunities and working together with the Sales Directors until close. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a methodical approach for creating demand and identifying potential opportunities within large brands, retailers, media companies and agencies.
You will run initial discovery sessions to qualify opportunities (using the BANT framework) and set meetings. Being comfortable on the phone, creative in your approach (to break through the noise) and collaborative with the sales team are all requirements. Providing insight to prospects on the current state of Social and the ability to recommend solutions from Spredfast will be critical.
- Proven results: 6+ months experience in business development/sales as a top 10% performer
- Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of social media best practices a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com is a strong plus
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role
- A communicator: Excellent oral and written communications, able to quickly establish credibility with brand/media/agency executives
- Curious: desire to constantly learn and process new information about the industry, solutions, partners, customers and competitors
- A self-starter: open to guidance and direction but able to get things done.
- Driven, organized and creative
- Collaborative: a strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced, fun and demanding environment.
- A background in leveraging social networks to create demand/opportunities is highly valued.
- Demonstrating the value propositions of Spredfast’s SaaS offering and services and being able to deliver that message to different types of clients via webinars, etc.
- Aggressive “hunter” mentality and adept in using creative efforts in cold calling process
- Transfer of solid leads to appropriate Sales Director and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Managing all contacts and leads in Salesforce.com to accurately and efficiently process all opportunities
- Excelling at qualifying each opportunity properly to ensure the right level of follow through and commitment
- Achieve monthly & quarterly opportunity generation goals and pipeline attainment goals set by the company.
The Perks at Spredfast:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches prepared four days a week by our wellness team
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.