Sales Development Representative
ActiveProspect is a marketing SaaS company for online lead acquisition, enabling real-time data decisions. The product suite (LeadConduit, TrustedForm and SuppressionList) handles integrations, data verification, data enhancement, and consent documentation for legal compliance (TCPA). ActiveProspect has processed over 1 billion Internet leads for leading brands across a wide range of industries. Founded in 2004, ActiveProspect is headquartered in Austin, TX.
ActiveProspect is looking for competitive, high-energy Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us continue to grow and build out a robust sales team. As a SDR, you’ll be assisting our Sales Directors in selling our marketing automation software (SaaS) to a variety of companies within various verticals. Ideal candidates are process-oriented and can hit the ground running with our fast growing and dynamic company.
The SDR role is an entry level position that provides training on the fundamentals of software sales and ideally leads into a Sales Director role after 1-2 years. We are looking for competitive, energetic and most of all motivated people who want to jump start their sales career by building the foundation of what it takes to be a top sales performer.
SDR's are driven and competitive individuals who focus on generating and qualifying new business opportunities for our sales team. This role also supports our sales team by performing administrative and strategic tasks such as identifying, researching and creating target prospects list and updating our customer relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce.com).
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Strategically scout websites for prospect leads
- Research prospects to determine appropriate contacts on LinkedIn and reach out to try to schedule meetings via email
- Learn to manage expectations and overcome objections
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using Salesforce.com
- Develop sales skills necessary to move into a Sales Director role
- Manage inbound inquiries as the first touch point for online chat, web leads, and inbound calls
- Research inbound leads and pre-qualify prospects for vertical directors
- Maintain prospect database in Salesforce.com
- Attend sales calls and take notes during the call
- Provide assistance to sales team as needed including:
- Schedule meetings
- Maintain calendar for sales trips and conferences
- Create weekly sales department updates
- Draft sales proposals for sales directors
- Send follow up emails and tasks
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Success in other fast-paced environments
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills and the drive to turn every conversation into a sale
- Experience using a CRM system to manage your leads and sales process a plus
- Knowledge of Marketing Automation, Customer Acquisition, or SaaS a plus
- Experience with Siftery and Builtwith a plus
What we Offer
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation time
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA available
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table and kegerator
ActiveProspect, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.