Sales Development Representative
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 850,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Sales Development Representative role
Your mission as a Sales Development Representative is to help grow our B2B side of the business. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic and genuinely curious folks to join our high-impact sales team.
We need a creative and open minded teammate that really loves what they do and who take pride in their contributions to a team. Being a supportive team-player is just as important to us as your ability to prospect and win people over.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Manage inbound and outbound lead generation and qualification process
- Research prospective accounts and contacts via web, social, LinkedIn, etc.
- Connect with and quickly establish rapport with key contacts and prospects
- Identify key stakeholders including product champion and executive sponsor
- Convert qualified leads to opportunities
- Generate 4 Sales Qualified Leads per week
- Attend trade shows, prospect events and engage in relevant associations as needed
We are looking for someone who can:
- Go all-in to help the team achieve our collective goals
- Relentlessly track activity in Salesforce while using Salesloft and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Deliver A Cloud Guru's value prop to prospective clients
- Collaborate with other sales teammates to create a winning culture
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- Passion for education and working in a team focused culture
- Experience with cloud-based software including CRM (Salesforce.com experience a bonus)
- Enthusiastic and passionate about helping to improve the lives of others through education
- Preferred: 1+ years of sales experience
- Coachable and willingness to get things done
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.