Sales Development Representative at SailPoint
SailPoint is the leading provider of identity management software for large, global organizations. Our award winning solutions help some of the world’s largest organizations mitigate risk and reduce IT and compliance costs while still meeting the highest standards of corporate governance. We’re currently expanding our lead generation team by adding market development reps to drive the growth of our sales pipeline. This position will closely align with the designated sales team to target new accounts, respond to inbound leads and identify qualified opportunities.
The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound sales activities. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for enterprise sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a field sales rep
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- Ground floor opportunity in the region (experience hiring, training, and running an inside team is a plus)
This position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process inbound inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts, are essential.
- 2 – 3 years of successful experience in sales, market development or telemarketing, preferably in technology
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Demonstrated success in prospecting into Fortune 500 companies
- Proven capabilities and skills in account development, opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call structure/control, and time and territory management
- Extremely self-motivated and self-sufficient with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, high school diploma or equivalent preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.