Sales Development Representative at Shipwell
Sales Development Representative - SaaS
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and account executives.
- Stay up-to-date with the industry and the company’s new products/services/pricing plans.
- Prospecting into personal and targeted lists by building relationships to develop new sales opportunities from cold or inactive accounts.
- Outbound telephone-based prospecting for Shipwell’s tech enabled execution software.
- Going above and beyond the expected 50-100 calls per day with the intent to qualify key leads and expand the sales pipeline.
- Update and maintain the sales database as appropriate, including new lead data discovery tied to achieving team and personal goals.
- Report on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative to the Sales Development Manager.
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Prior sales and customer service experience
- Tech savvy skills
- An ambitious entrepreneurial attitude
- An exceptional level of drive and passion for results
- A passion for building something from nothing
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and demonstrated the ability to deal with rejection.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations / tell a compelling story
- A team player attitude
What is Preferred:
- Previous experience at a logistics or software company
- Experience with both HubSpot and Salesforce
- Previous marketing or sales experience
What we offer:
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest-growing companies in Austin
- Competitive Pay
- Amazing company culture
- Room to grow and tons of mentoring
- Gym reimbursement and onsite Fitness Classes
- Being a part of a rapidly growing startup company
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company-sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone (even the new folks) has a voice