Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative at Vrbo is a vital part of our Acquisition team. Utilizing cutting edge marketing tools and consultative selling via email and phone, the focus is qualifying and advancing new business leads for hand-off to an Acquisition Account Manager. Other lead sources may include LinkedIn Sales Navigator, (Zoom Info and Outreach) Social Media, etc. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads for a sales team.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the first part of the sales process: Researching, prospecting, and qualifying leads.
- Research and source new leads within the assigned territory and build a CRM database in support of an inside Sales Team
- Strategically qualify New Business opportunities through a multitude of channels, outbound calls, and emails, outreach campaigns, and Salesforce database management + webchat (25-50 call daily)
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of prospects for the sales team
- Utilize social media and marketing tools to establish key decision-makers, gain strategic insights and creatively promote the brand
- Strategically grow and manage the assigned territory nationwide and understand industry needs and requirements
- Own your targets and ensure you consistently hit them to a high quality
- Excel in a rewarding sales environment with generous company benefits
- Success metrics: Leads sourced, leads qualified, business meetings scheduled, team signature
- Document every touchpoint with customer and prospect database via Salesforce.com
- Proven track record of sales in a target driven environment
- Are able to research leads intelligently and systematically, leveraging appropriate tools
- Are excited to work in a creative sales role utilizing social selling tools and strategically targeted campaigns
- Have a hunger to win and motivated to exceed goals
- Highly resilient, a self-starter, love to experiment until you reach your goal and thrive in a challenging environment
- Are savvy using tools like SalesForce or other CRM solutions, Powerpoint and online presentation tools such as Bluejeans or Google hangouts, Slack, Zoom, Info and Outreach
- Are a strong communicator able to win trust over the phone
- Are not afraid to cold call or cold sell to prospects
- CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
Who you are?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of sales development experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Vacation Rental Industry experience preferred
- Communication: adapt your communication style by quickly reading partner reactions and mood
- Relationship Management: understand partners and customize engagement approaches; you uncover and pursue value-add opportunities for them
- Partner Advocacy: demonstrate a “partner-first” mindset and create “win-win” situations while showing a bias-to-action by actively engaging and following up with stakeholders until issues are resolved
- Planning & Quality Delivery: demonstrate accountability to meet assigned tasks and goals, you know how to prioritize and you demonstrate a willingness and capability to take on additional tasks
- Data Driven Business Acumen: use software, data and tools to conduct analysis and derive insights; translate insights into actionable improvements or growth opportunities
- Expertise Development: can quickly build and maintain expertise in HomeAway offerings and the vacation rental market
- Continuous Improvement and Agility: proactively give and seek feedback and you are willing to learn and adopt agile principles, embrace changes, learn from failures and look for improvement.
- Internal Collaboration: work well with cross-functional teams
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.