Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the role:
Sales Development is a critical component of the sales organization at Kazoo. As the tip of the spear, you will open new sales conversations and create sales opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and building our sales pipeline!
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Cold outbound calls and emails to prospective customers
- Schedule initial discovery/qualifications calls with prospective customers
- Communicate to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers) in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to help inform Demand Generation
- Assist Account Executives with pipeline management and prospect nurturing when appropriate/necessary
What you’ll need:
- Passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required
- Success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you are the first point of contact and voice of the company!
- Experience with client facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support
- Familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Adaptability; things change fast around here!
- High capacity for empathy
- Exceptional listening skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a business
- Bonus points for experience with SalesForce and SalesLoft (or other like software tools designed for call and email outreach)
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. One of our company values is “Yes, &” - we believe in a diverse experience that allows us to build off the momentum of each other, so however you identity and whatever background you bring with you, we strongly encourage you to submit your application if this is a role you can be passionate about doing every day!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.