Sales Development Representative at Optimizely
Optimizely is the world’s leader in Progressive Delivery and Experimentation. Its platform includes technologies for modern software development, such as feature flags, progressive rollouts, A/B testing at scale, AI-powered personalization, and real-time analytics. Millions of experiments and feature flags have been run on our platform to understand what works — and what doesn’t — eliminating guesswork. The world’s greatest companies choose Optimizely to power their product development and experimentation teams, including Visa, H&M, StubHub, IBM, Atlassian, BBC, and many more.Job Description
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for driving revenue pipeline through outbound prospecting and following up on marketing sourced leads.
You will be the front line of the Optimizely sales team. You will drive awareness and interest in our product suite in a territory and work closely with the marketing and account executive teams to drive pipeline and meetings.
You will become proficient in discussing Optimizely’s business benefits and generating leads using salesforce.com and a variety of other prospecting tools.
A successful Sales Development Representative at Optimizely exhibits the following traits:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Intrinsic drive to be successful. We work hard to deliver value to our prospects and customers and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role. You are adaptable and thrive in new situations where you can think on your feet.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature: We’re a small, impactful team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better. Everyone needs to overachieve against their quota for the team to hit its goals.
- Genuine curiosity about people, marketing technology and business, with excellent listening skills.
- Strong track record of performance in a previous role or in college. SaaS knowledge or sales experience a major plus.
- Detail oriented, organized mindset with an ability to manage time effectively. Must be able to remain focused in the face of many competing interests.
- A competitive nature in some field (e.g. athletics, chess, milk carton regatta, etc). A positive attitude and desire to win are a must.
- A desire to pursue a career in sales. You are coachable, able to implement feedback and dedicated to continuous self improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity through our values and actions. It is core to Optimizely’s culture, as well as our success, that we are an equal opportunity employer who makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are looking to create a diverse and multifaceted team where everyone is welcome. As part of this mission, we prohibit discrimination in any form. Read more about our culture and check out our fantastic benefits at optimizely.com/careers.
Psst... There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate! So don’t let imposter syndrome hold you back. Please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday - we look forward to receiving your application!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.