Sales Development Representative at A Cloud Guru
ENTHUSIASTIC | MOTIVATED | COACHABLE
Your mission as a Sales Development Representative is to help grow our B2B side of the business. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic and genuinely curious folks to join our high-impact sales team. We need a creative and open-minded teammate that really loves what they do and takes pride in their contributions to a team. Being a supportive team player is just as important to us as your ability to prospect and win people over.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Sales team awesome...
We’re serious about keeping work fun and creating new opportunities for organizations and their people. We’d shout it from the rooftops, but we find that calls, emails, and face-to-face chats are more effective. Hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
- Our brand sets us apart. We are THE largest online cloud school on the planet.
- We are an ethical, positive group. Champion the customer is the value we live by.
- Huge market opportunity Globally, 1 out of every 3 IT dollars is spent on the cloud.
- A product you can get behind. Sell a product that people want and need.
You’re not coming into a machine that’s been working for 20 years — you’re coming in to build things. Sarah Hiking Guru (and Account Executive)
Sales at A Cloud Guru is different than any other sales team elsewhere because of the way we work together and really appreciate everyone's role no matter the title. I look at the sales team as an extension to my family. - Kayle, Cheese Guru (and Sales Development Representative)
I feel like I'm the CEO of my own business and the sky's the limit! If I work hard, am customer-centric, prioritize, am strategic, and follow a sales process aligned to the customer journey I will win and be successful in my role. - Brenda, Sailing Guru (and Account Executive)
It makes a difference when you can get out of bed in the morning selling something that’s doing actual good. And that businesses actually want. Organizations all over the world, of all sizes, in every industry, are facing a major challenge and opportunity with cloud. We reach out to these businesses with real value, because we have a product they need. –Madeline, Fitness Guru (and Relationship Manager)As a Sales Development Representative at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Manage inbound lead generation and qualification process
- Research prospective accounts and contacts via web, social, LinkedIn, etc.
- Connect with and quickly establish rapport with key contacts and prospects
- Convert qualified leads into opportunities
- Attend trade shows, prospect events and engage in relevant associations as needed
We are looking for someone who can:
- Drive a high volume of daily activities: calls, emails, LinkedIn
- Go all-in to help the team achieve our collective goals
- Deliver A Cloud Guru's value proposition to prospective clients
- Collaborate with other sales teammates to create a winning culture
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 1+ year of inbound or outbound sales experience in a high growth environment is preferred
- Subscription-based (SaaS) selling is a plus (but not a requirement)
- Experience with cloud-based software including CRM (Salesforce.com experience is a bonus)
- Passion for education and working in a team focused culture
- Enthusiastic and passionate about helping to improve the lives of others through education
- Coachable and willing to get things done
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.