Who We Are
Ontic is the first protective intelligence software company to digitally transform how Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises proactively address physical threat management to protect employees, customers and assets. Ontic’s SaaS-based platform collects and connects threat indicators to provide a comprehensive view of potential threats while surfacing critical knowledge so companies can assess and action more to maintain business continuity and reduce financial impact. Ontic also provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services, education and thought leadership for safety and security professionals at major corporations via its Center for Protective Intelligence. For more information please visit ontic.ai
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach both our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You Are
Ontic is looking for a coachable and ambitious team player who will be responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts for their regional Sales Directors / Account Executives. The SDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact. This role will be primarily focused around researching the target accounts in your territory and performing outreach through emails, calls, and social media. You will have the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by more seasoned Ontic sales professionals. This role is based in our Austin, Texas headquarters.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a portfolio of Fortune 5000 corporate clients, focusing on their demand and awareness of the Ontic platform. You should have a talent for cultivating your personal brand as a trusted advisor to your prospects and a collaborative teammate to cross-functional internal teams. You should maintain a solution-oriented approach and be excited to be a part of a growing team, welcoming the challenges that come along with a startup environment.
- Promote and market Ontic through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails, and social media communication(s) to prospective clients
- Schedule Initial Prospecting Meetings for the Sales Team
- Provide in-depth information to the Sales team to enable the most qualified and productive demos
- Research and evaluate additional leads/prospects through web research
- Meet or exceed the assigned quota of a minimum of 20 calls and 15 first-touch emails per day
- Work together with the Sales Director / Account Executive to grow pipeline in a specific sales territory
- Work with the Sales Director / Account Executive to support the acquisition of new accounts in the region
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects/events
- Maintain all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in Salesforce
- Minimum of 6 months progressively responsible marketing, inside sales, or business development related sales experience
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product selling points via phone, email, and social media communication(s)
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Four-year post-secondary education/Bachelor’s degree
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others, and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
Flexible PTO Policy
Generous Parental Leave policy
Home Office Stipend
Mobile Phone & Home Internet Reimbursement
Anniversary & Milestone Celebrations
Ontic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.