Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Learn more about what we are building in Forbes.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As part of our expanding Commercial team at Wheel, the Sales Development Representative will focus on prospecting, engaging decision makers, and effectively converting prospects into active sales pipeline opportunities. This role owns the lead prospecting process, leveraging research and insights to assist in determining potential client fit alongside Sales Executives and Growth Marketing team members.
If you have a highly strategic and process-oriented mindset, a collaborative work style and are looking to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Leverage various prospecting techniques to engage with decision makers, identify opportunities, and schedule first meetings with Wheel Account Executives
- Quickly engage with inbound marketing leads to qualify and convert to active pipeline
- Research leads, identify and gather information using various sources in order to target communications and prepare Account Executives for initial meetings
- Work closely with our growth marketing team to maximize results for MQLS from webinars, conferences, and other marketing events
- Utilize Salesforce to work your pipeline, & ensure key information is captured and shared with Account Executives in a timely manner
- Exceed monthly appointment quotas
- Develop and document repeatable processes that scale
Skills & Qualifications
- 0-2 years of experience as a B2B Sales Development Representative or a similar role in a Sales environment
- Experience using a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Ability to present while identifying and addressing specific customer goals
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a large volume of sales leads
- Self-Starter, eager to work in an ever-changing, collaborative startup environment
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness, take ownership, and be accountable for your work
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Background in and/or passion for working in healthcare
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description