We are building a Sales Development Team reporting to our Director of Demand Generation. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) acts as the liaison between SparkCognition and a prospective customer. Their role is to identify new business opportunities by developing relationships with targeted individuals and organizations, working closely with internal marketing and sales.
The primary objective for this role is to qualify leads based on established parameters, resulting in new sales opportunities. The SDR performs outbound prospecting efforts as well as serves as the main point of contact to build relationships with inbound inquiries. This role is an integral member of the marketing and sales organizations, playing a critical role as the voice of the company, providing feedback on campaign effectiveness and messaging, and helping ensure the organization achieves its revenue targets.
If you were working for us today, you would be:
- Cultivating relationships with prospective clients through phone calls, emails, online chat, and social media (e.g., LinkedIn)
- Engaging in a discovery conversation with prospects to understand business needs and determine if SparkCognition solutions are a match
- Building rapport with contacts by offering resources (webinar invitations, white papers, relevant blogs, articles, etc.) and understanding where the prospect is in the buying process
- Qualifying prospects based on established criteria, schedule appointments, and create opportunities for the Sales team
- Following up on Marketing Qualified Accounts to identify appropriate contacts for follow-up from various marketing tools (Intent Data, Website Data, ZoomInfo, etc.)
- Tracking, maintaining, and accurately updating customer contact records in Salesforce
- Staying up to date with new products/solutions and industry insights via our Knowledge Base platform and continued learning training sessions
You may be a fit for our team if you have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in English.
- A strong self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Interest and aptitude to understand the technology and its practical application and value
- Confidence in communicating with professionals at all levels of an organization
- A driven attitude and want to achieve goals and objectives
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks and responsibilities
- An investment in building out your skill set to advance into sales, account management, product marketing, and marketing
- A positive attitude and strong personal integrity
- A highly disciplined and well-organized nature
- Personal computer literacy including Excel, PowerPoint, CRM tools (Salesforce, LinkedIn Navigator, Outreach, etc.)