Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
The first steps with Homeward are always pleasant because we are a group of thoughtful, kind, and passionate individuals. The Sales team is responsible for the initial experience with the agents we partner to continue telling the Homeward story to their clients. This role is ideal for a team player who values the customer journey. Prospecting is exciting. Seeing the outcomes and massive growth you have a direct hand in contributing to is even more exciting!
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will:
- Generate new leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as using marketing and PR activities of the company
- Close business to achieve, if not exceed monthly metrics
- Maintain pipeline levels and accurately forecast sales commitments
- Work with marketing to develop inbound campaigns to drive more leads
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the territory including the customers, the prospects, the partners, the influencer's, and the competitors
What you'll bring:
- 1+ years of experience in a consultative sales environment
- Proven experience hitting, exceeding sales goals, and managing a book of business
- You have strategic selling skills, including cold calling
- You have strong time management skills
- You are a creative problem solver and self-sufficient worker
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments and senior management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high production environment
- The drive to build something new that will change the real estate industry
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated home-buying experience.