Sales Effectiveness Analyst at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.The Role
We are looking for a junior analyst to help drive operations for a particular sales segment within MDB. You will be responsible for learning the ins and outs of each major MongoDB Sales Business, play a critical role in building relationships with the senior leadership team, and drive forward strategic and operational initiatives that will help us accelerate sales revenue. The ideal candidate understands what makes a Sales team thrive, has a strong interest in data analysis to tell stories, and thrives in shaping narratives that are conducive to helping our Sales team grow!As a Sales Effectiveness Analyst, you will
- Lead operational processes of the sales organization, such as quarterly quota management, dashboard development and maintenance, reporting, and analytical requests
- Partner with Sales Commissions to ensure Sales organization receives accurate quarterly payout on quota attainment and SPIFs
- Become an expert in business rules and compensation rules to fully understand how Sales operates
- Partner with teams within Sales Operations and other cross-functional partners (sales leadership, compensation, sales intelligence, finance, business operations) to achieve objectives
- Partner with Senior Sales leadership to drive market + segment specific analyses to uncover insight
- Support planning processes and in-year pilot programs
- Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- 1+ years of work experience in either Sales Strategy / Consulting / Sales Operations / Analytics
- Strong SQL knowledge with an ability to write SQL queries to extract data needed for analysis
- You are a spreadsheet wizard with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Effective communicator who can break down convoluted technical concepts into simple business vernacular.
- Experience with at least one major business intelligence tool (Tableau,Google Data Studio, Looker)
- You are familiar with databases, and the differences between “relational” vs. “non relational”
- You can navigate your way around Salesforce / Salesforce reports with relative ease
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.