What is Cool About This Job
WP Engine has aggressive top-line growth targets and Sales Operations is a crucial enabler of those goals. The company is making a significant investment in a Sales Academy comprehensive 6-month ramp program and the overall development of our sales organization. You will be the company's first true Sales Enablement hire, and will be defining how the role will operate and add value. We're writing the book now on how to attack our next phase of growth beyond $100M in revenue and you'll play a significant role in shaping our future direction. You'll find our Sales organization to be fun, high energy, respectful, and collaborative - you'll enjoy working alongside them.
The Day to Day
There is ample opportunity to make a huge impact with this role as we define our approach to Sales Enablement and operationalize our new Sales Academy program.
- You'll play a central role in building content to support our Sales Academy curriculum as well as other high impact assets that our reps can consume as they onboard within our company.
- You'll partner with a variety of internal teams including our Learning & Development organization, Product Marketing, and our sales reps and leaders to identify and address needs within Sales to make our team as effective as possible.
- You'll deliver training of some areas of our curriculum and help provide coaching to reps where valuable.
- You'll work with Sandler to lead our partnership with them and schedule Sandler trainings as needed for our global Sales team.
- You will find opportunities to reinforce Sandler principles on our sales floor and help engrain that approach in how we communicate and operate.
Your Expertise and Passion
You strike the balance between understanding the realities of sales, creating pragmatic processes to support sales goals, and being more than comfortable popping open the hood on the underlying technology (Salesforce.com in particular) to bring your ideas to life.
- You have an understanding of how sales people learn and understand that multiple learning styles exist. Different reps learn through different combinations of hearing, doing, seeing and you can serve these different learning modes effectively.
- Ideally you have some previous experience in a Sales Enablement role (and have potentially spent time as a rep in your past) and have had experience with a rep profile of early to mid-career sellers. It's critical that you can relate to our sales team, and earn their respect.
- You understand change management in a sales organization context, and the importance of effective communication and reinforcement to make new insights stick.
- You love working alongside sellers and helping put them in a position to succeed.
- You will have been exposed to Sandler previously.
- You're comfortable and adept at building high-impact content in a variety of forms.
- You're good at finding ways to test our sales team and have them demonstrate that they have internalized new information and are putting them into play.
- You can identify ways to quantify and track the impact that the Sales Academy program is having on our sales organization.
- You can effectively work with and support a global sales team, with primary locations in Austin, London, and Brisbane.
- You're adept at utilizing technology to support our Sales Academy, using tools such as Guru, Lifesize, an LMS and other tools to enable consumption of content.
- You are a standout colleague who is willing to work hard and can partner well with others. You can also see the bigger picture and how your efforts support company goals.
- You can communicate clearly in both written and spoken forms and can translate concepts across business and technology contexts.
- Ideally you've worked in an environment similar to ours - a high growth, high transaction volume, mid-sized tech business.
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount