Sales Engineer – Austin, TX
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
Amherst is hiring a Sales Engineer who will be responsible for preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining our software products to internal customers and executives in a way that captivates, engages, and maps our solutions to their specific business problems. The Sales Engineer should be prepared to answer customers’ technical questions and effectively communicate customer needs to the product management team.
This newly formed role will have high visibility and significant customer and employee impact. The successful candidate is an experienced sales engineer or technical trainer, ideally with a background in the financial services industry.
If you have the ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner, we’d like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team.
A little more about this role:
- Learn the technical details concerning how our software works and what problems it solves for our customers
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations and sales presentations that explain key technical aspects of solutions that will benefit customers and prospects. Advise customers on how best to use the products.
- Provide advanced training and support for the new members of the technology team
- Communicate new feature releases and product updates across the organization
- Work closely with both technology and the business units to define product training deliverables and timelines
- Plan and direct presentations, webinars, classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, and workshops.
- Develop documentation for custom applications using a variety of mediums. Documentation may include process flows, templates, how-to guides, functional and technical documentation and change control documentation.
- Identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction then communicate those issues and possible solutions to upper management.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or business required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical client-facing role or as a technical trainer delivering training to IT professionals as well as end users and executives.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to navigate a wide range of internal and external environments. Must be able to translate technical software solutions to non-technical individuals. Public speaking, presentation and instructional experience preferred.
- Ability to work in concert with team members to build the most effective presentations that blend technical facts with tangible benefits.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms.
- Must be comfortable working on tight timelines in a start-up like environment.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan work.
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred, but Not Required)
- Experience in financial industry is a plus.
- Experience with group collaboration solutions, audio or video, is helpful.
- Knowledge of E-Learning technology and preparation is preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and JIRA.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!