Is your super power the ability to combine technical knowledge with sales skills? If so, we’d love to have your join our team as a Sales Engineer. As part of Lightspeed Systems Product Management department, you’ll be responsible for driving all aspects of the technical sale, from discovery to demo to close.
Want your application to rise to the top? Be sure to check out our application requirements below.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support assigned RSM, Sales Director, resellers, prospects and customers with all technical aspects of product demonstrations, network configurations, installations and on-going technical support.
- Provide technical certification training for resellers.
- Interpret customer’s technical requirements – asking astute questions and listening to understand, anticipate and exceed their needs.
- Support sales and marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other sales and marketing events.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrates how various products will meet client needs.
- Act as liaison between other members of sales team, technical staff and the Development Team.
- Respond to customer or reseller inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOU - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptionally strong communication skills. You have to be able to communicate well with internal and external customers, give presentations to small and large groups, and be able to explain technology in easily understandable, non-technical terms.
- Ability to clearly document and record information
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid understanding of filtering software features and benefits. Lightspeed Systems product knowledge and experience is preferred
- Strong aptitude for technology
- Basic technical sales support experience
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking is required. Network Administrator experience is preferred
- Experience in a K-12 environment is preferred
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Some airline and overnight travel are required
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Complete the supplemental application questions.
- Complete the assessment at this link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/wAJw6