Sales, Enterprise Account Executive - Strategic Renewals
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
Strategic Renewals Account Executives are responsible for renewing our largest customers. This entails understanding their needs, addressing concerns (if any) and proposing a solution to meet their ongoing goals. We need people who are able to navigate through large, complex organizations positioning Blackbaud’s software, service, and training to retain and grow our relationship with existing customers. The Strategic Renewals Account Executive also must work collaboratively with other Blackbaud team members to construct the right solution to meet customer goals.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing account strategies for strategic customers to retain their business.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to retain and grow an account.
- Managing activities to respond to customer re-sale opportunities, including solution strategy, RFP responses, demonstrations, pricing.
- Working collaboratively with Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to identify opportunity to expand the account during a renewal.
- Managing renewal activities to exceed assigned retention objectives.
- Becoming a 'trusted business advisor' and establish Executive relationships at senior levels within client accounts.
- Differentiating Blackbaud's solution by positioning and leveraging in the renewal our total set of capabilities – data and analytics, professional services, managed services, payments, and software.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely forecasts to management.
What we'll want you to have:
- 10+ years experience in positioning and selling large, complex CRM and/or ERP software solutions. Experience selling into Non-profits and Development offices a plus.
- Alternatively, 10+ years experience working with nonprofit organizations in a customer service role, such as Customer Success or Professional Services, with experience conducting renewals.
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology
- Experience selling or supporting the success of customers using Blackbaud’s Luminate Online is a plus
- Experience working with and navigating a complex organization and influencing senior business executives is critical.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Approximately 25% travel is required.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.