Sales Learning and Development Director
AlertMedia is seeking a Sales Learning and Development Director to help develop and drive a portfolio of programs designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our growing sales team. As someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, this person will have a sales, sales strategy, enablement, training, or similar background marked by successful, results-driven outcomes. The right fit will be a passionate mentor and deeply analytical, with a strong understanding of pipeline management, the buyer journey, and how to close deals. This person will be focused on working alongside our sales team (both managers and sellers) to drive education, change, and growth that will lead to greater opportunity generation and higher conversion rates across the board.
Who you are:
You are passionate about contributing to a culture of learning and have experience supporting the development of training programs that will enhance employees’ skills, performance, and productivity. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy developing sales training, and cherish the opportunity to build training programs from the ground up! You thrive in a highly collaborative team-based environment where egos get left at the door and you enjoy being on the floor in the action.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations to keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information about AlertMedia, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Create and execute sales training programs designed to make our sales people experts in our product and masters of the sales process
- Drive continuous learning programs that align our expertise, content, and sales process with the buyer journey to accelerate the sales cycle
- Establish an advanced skills development program to document and share the key selling tactics and traits of advanced sales performers across the entire team
- Assist in establishing and managing a sales enablement blueprint and calendar of enablement activities throughout each quarter/year
- Become an AlertMedia product and sales process expert in order to be viewed as a trusted leader and advisor to the team
- Proactively build a positive and trusting relationship with sales members and managers, helping them improve key metrics
- Support and help maintain an open-communication, no-ego, collaborative sales development environment
- Partner with marketing and sales leaders for content development
- 5+ years experience owning and executing sales training, enablement, and associated content creation with the ability to provide examples
- Expertise in sales training techniques and overall selling process including prospecting, qualifying, solution selling, contract negotiation, objection handling, and closing
- Experience as a Blended Learning Architect helpful
- Absolute passion for mentoring, coaching, and developing sales team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Courses must be intuitive, simple, and high-quality.
- Critical thinking. You must understand the end goal of a learning module and design courses that get learners to the end goal as quickly and effectively as possible, focusing on retention and adoption of first principles.
- Creativity. You will need to use non-incremental, original thinking to create learning plans that are effective and scalable, while not requiring unsustainable amounts of time from learners or stakeholders.
- Personal experience in sales roles a plus
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-wide Bonus program
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company three years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.