Sales Manager-Homeowners Insurance
Role: Customer Success Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Director of Insurance Operations
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
As a Customer Success Manager you will help us further our mission of providing the best sales experience to our customers. You will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting our Team Leads and their efforts to maximize our Sales team’s potential. This role will encompass people management, talent development, performance management and a myriad of other projects that will help us scale for rapid growth.
- You’ve got a proven history in selling and leading teams in the Homeowner’s Insurance industry
- Motivation is your superpower
- You’re able to develop & implement a humanized approach to KPI’s and performance management
- You’re a strong communicator, with the ability to connect with all types of people and leaders
- Focused on and responsible for the Sales team’s productivity and collective impact
- Meet regularly with the team to provide feedback on their work, helping them set goals and working with the Director of Insurance Operations to ensure their growth
- Measuring the team’s success and opportunities for improvement, then devising right-size solutions
- Communicate with Senior Leadership about progress, concerns and strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in managing people and leaders
- 3+ years of Homeowner’s Insurance experience is required (including an active Texas General Lines - Agent Property and Casualty license)
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.