Reports to: Managing Director of CoPilot.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt.
College Forward built CoPilot - a custom student tracking database on the Salesforce.com platform - for its internal programming. CoPilot is now available on the Salesforce AppExchange for education partners anywhere to license for their internal use. CoPilot has grown its client base to over 40 leading nonprofits, colleges, and K-12 institutions in the country, indirectly serving nearly 300,000 students nationwide.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, we are passionate about ensuring cutting-edge technology is accessible for student success, and we believe CoPilot is the best-in-class and most economical solution in the market today. Our vision is to replicate the College Forward experience by providing a cost-effective, best-in-class solution to other data-driven organizations in order to empower users to better serve students. CoPilot supports the mission of College Forward by delivering revenue to the organization and better informing data practices across the education landscape in order to improve outcomes for more students. We measure team success based on student impact and revenue generated for the organization.
College Forward seeks an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and creative CoPilot Sales Manager (CSM) to expand CoPilot’s reach and partner base.
Reporting to the Managing Director of CoPilot, the CSM will act as primary lead generator for the CoPilot team. The CSM will oversee the Sales efforts by: directly contacting potential partner organizations, monitoring inbound leads, converting leads into official partner, giving product demonstrations, and documenting processes. The CSM will work closely with CoPilot colleagues to explore, create, and refine impact analyses that reinforces CoPilot’s value.
The ideal candidate will evince a passion for high-impact data solutions sales in a Salesforce.com environment; embrace an ambitious vision of social entrepreneurism in a fast-paced, start-up culture; and, above all else, work tirelessly to develop meaningful and genuine relationships with each of our prospective partner organizations.
- $45,000 - $50,000.
- Compensation for this role with be determined based on experience and fit.
- Base salary range is $45,000-$50,000, with the possibility of variable compensation based on performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new partners and maintain healthy sales pipeline.
- Make formal presentations and conduct CoPilot demos to various senior level audiences and external partners.
- Generate new leads by way of direct calls to good-fit prospects.
- Nurture inbound leads through consistent and personalized communication.
- Coordinate with Marketing team to enhance CoPilot’s market exposure.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets.
- Lead renewal efforts for existing partners.
- Meet outreach and outbound lead generation metrics.
- Monitor and organize inbound leads with the support of the Managing Director of CoPilot.
- Refine pipeline management processes in conjunction with the Managing Director of CoPilot.
- Develop personalized quotes for prospective clients for licenses and other projects.
- Maintain regular communication with partners and act as the initial point of contact prior to implementation.
- Build and promote strong partner relationships.
- Quickly analyze and document clients’ business processes and system requirements.
- Coordinate with Partner Experience team to facilitate transition to implementation.
- Identify and communicate annual and quarterly sales targets.
- Manage external Salesforce business consultant and support vendor relationship(s).
- Develop a working knowledge of Salesforce.com functionality.
- Understand the strategic, long-term goals of the organization and the roles Salesforce and other future technology solutions will play in achieving those goals.
- Participate in strategic planning conversations as CoPilot continues to scale.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
College Forward is a dynamic, progressive and youth-focused working environment. Responsibilities may frequently require an adjusted work schedule, evening/weekend hours, and/or travel in order to meet sales targets, deadlines or satisfy program requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The CSM must also submit to and pass a comprehensive criminal background check before a final offer of employment can be made.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives in a fast-paced working environment
- Experience in sales and customer service, preferably in education technology
- Superb project management and process mapping skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires at minimum a Baccalaureate degree.
- Education and/or nonprofit experience highly preferred.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of lead generation, sales, and/or marketing experience.
- Prior customer service experience in a SaaS company highly preferred.
- Account management experience preferred.
PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and present information to others and access information using a computer for several hours at a time. CoPilot staff are required to travel to state and national conferences. Although regular travel is not immediately expected, this position could travel up to 20% of the time.
The employee must be emotionally mature. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems and deal with frequently changing variables. The employee must demonstrate strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
The CSM must be a self-driven individual who can thrive and produce outstanding results with little supervision.
College Forward provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and/or applicants for employment or service, without regard to race, color, class, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, weight, height, disability, political affiliation, marital or familial status, partnership status, citizenship status (except as required by law), veteran status, or status in any group protected by federal law, state law, or local ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations upon request in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace. This position is dependent upon funding.