Sales Manager at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Levelset helps thousands of contractors secure billions of dollars in construction payments each month. Clunky document requirements and complex construction payment laws slow payment to 83 days on average. This locks up capital and causes cash pain for millions of contractors, 98% of which are SMBs that don’t always have access to traditional sources of capital. Levelset wants to break this cash clog for small contractors by integrating capital products into our platform and finding new ways to extend credit using our unique data assets, backed by expertise in lien rights to secure payment.
About the job
Levelset Capital is looking for a Sales Manager to level up the capital machine we’re building. The Levelset Capital Sales Manager is a member of the leadership team and is responsible for driving revenue from new and existing customers. You will start as a player-coach, helping to close deals and define the process and sales pitch, and eventually grow a team of account managers.
The Fintech Salesperson will be Levelset Capital’s swiss army knife of getting deals done and driving revenue. This role will have aspects of sales, customer support, account management, and credit operations. You will help explain Levelset’s capital product to interested users and prospects, and may be called upon by the sales or customer success team to act as sales support as an expert in our capital products. You will do outreach to get required documents from customers and apply the credit policy, bringing any exceptions or issues to the credit operations team.
- Build and coach a team of salespeople
- Steer the emotional wheel of the sales team and to drive the team through the highs and lows that are so common in the sales cycle
- Pipeline reviews and forecasting team production
- Setting individual and team goals
- Communicate with prospects and users interested in Levelset Capital, joining the sales and customer success team as a subject matter expert in our capital products
- Prospect and identify key decision-makers at target companies and lay the foundation for a strong, long-lasting relationship
- Follow up regularly with interested users to see how Levelset Capital can help on their next job and getting project information
- Understand Levelset Capital’s credit policy and be able to apply that policy to prospective deals, working with the credit operations team on any exceptions
- Act as the first point of contact when customers have questions about their account or outstanding balances
- Keeping a well documented and maintained pipeline
- 5+ years of net new or install based sales experience, preferably in a banking, finance, or lending
- Expertise in sales tools; salesforce.com, Salesloft or Outreach preferred
- Detailed understanding of sales processes, sales reporting including sales forecasting, territory planning & management required
- A natural leader with a proven ability to grab the attention of your team and drive them toward a common goal
- Self-confident with the ability to work with and influence senior management
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, gaining trust and confidence as a strategic partner from all levels within the organization
- Very strong work ethic and team player with a positive “figure it out, do what it takes” attitude
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- An understanding of IT technologies / IT pros and how they like to work, communicate, learn, and have fun
- Grace under fire (you can make critical decisions and problem solve amid chaos)
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.