Sales Manager at Homeward (Remote)
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
A Sales Manager of Homeward Advisors (HA) is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and success of a Homeward Advisor team. Their responsibilities include coaching and developing a sales team of HAs, communicating information to and from Senior Leadership, and driving performance of their team to exceed targets.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Develop Homeward Advisors to reach peak performance
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to your team of Homeward Advisors
- Foster a competitive yet collaborative team environment in line with Homeward’s Values and Culture
- Assess current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement them
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders/teams and Senior Sales Manager to continuously iterate on and improve upon processes
- Create and execute a plan to hit sales forecasts and goals
- Implement a scalable sales strategy that drives Homeward Advisor performance
- Track, analyze, and communicate team and individual performance data
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fulfill them
- Support Homeward Advisors with client/agent relationships
- Motivate/Inspire team to consistently hit sales/performance targets
- Facilitate weekly meetings, call breakdowns/call listening, and 1:1s with team
- Manage month to month and year over year people management administrative process
- Continuously develop personal leadership and training skills while also gaining company/product knowledge to be a subject matter expert
What you’ll bring
- 1+ years experience in sales management
- 4+ years of experience in a sales environment
- Proven experience hitting, exceeding sales goals, and managing a book of business
- You have strategic selling skills, including cold calling
- You have strong time management skills
- You are a creative problem solver and self-sufficient worker
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments and senior management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high production environment
- The drive to build something new that will change the real estate industry
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.