Sales Operations Business Process Analyst at Atlassian
What you’ll be doing:
- Study and learn the end to end processes employed by our Customer and Product Advocate teams. This is a unique organization with a hybrid profile spanning customer support, customer success, pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Develop a strong understanding of all Atlassian entity’s business models and product offerings - our product portfolio is constantly evolving, and our Advocate teams are the first responders for our customers and partners to help them understand and manage that change.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Channel, Support and Finance on your projects - your work cuts across the full customer lifecycle, so your stakeholders are diverse
- Work with the Customer and Product Advocate team leads to understand operational pain points and up/downstream teams to identify and resolve process pain points using process reengineering techniques and through system enhancements
- Partner with our internal technology teams to support and deliver new capabilities and system improvements that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our Advocates
- Identify automation and optimization opportunities across the customer support lifecycle, including our advocate-supported quote-to-cash processes
- Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert on Advocate systems, processes and policies for external organizations, including presenting the team’s needs in enterprise projects
- Own requirements documentation including BRDs, process flows, DACIs, wireframes or other assets used to capture business needs
- Work with business owners and IT to prioritize change requests
- Manage defects and enhancements including identification, resolution, and communication to business partners in the Sales organization
- Participate in user acceptance, smoke testing, and implementation activities
- Create and deliver training and enablement content for projects you are managing
- Help define “interim state” business processes for acquired companies, and help manage the change and adoption of these new processes
- Define KPIs and develop reporting to track metrics across processes to measure the health of the business, risk areas and impact of improvement initiatives
Skills and Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Sales Technology, or Customer Support/Success in an “analyst” position (business, process, systems, functional, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-growth, enterprise software company
- Experience with Direct and Channel sales ecosystems
- Experience with quote-to-cash (QTC) processes and systems, including quoting, order management, contracts, e-signature and fulfillment processes
- Familiarity with different software subscription models, and cloud software sales models
- Some tools you may be using and supporting: Salesforce, JIRA, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Intercom (chat), diagramming software (we have many)
- Bonus points for experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools like UIPath or Automation Anywhere
- Extra credit for experience with process automation tools like Camunda and Workato
- An ability dive into details, but also step back and reframe a problem more strategically
- You have a passion for learning - new tools, processes, ways of working, etc. and are open to change and doing things in new ways.
- You are a self-starter, and thrive in fast changing environments where goals are often clear but tactics are not. Atlassian is a dynamic, fast-paced company, so adaptability and flexibility are a must.
- Analytical thinking, backed up by a metrics-guided approach. You use data to frame, inform and guide the prioritization and decision making process, to manage the health of your projects through delivery, and to assess the success and impact once you are done. This may include ROI analysis, capacity planning and budgeting, TCO analysis, revenue modeling and more.
- Strong influencing skills. As an individual contributor, you will rely on lots of other people to help define the plan and get it executed.