Sales Operations Manager
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deal Desk. Establish a Deal Desk which includes ensuring quotes, order forms, agreements and other documents that are delivered to customers/prospects are professional and according to Datical templates/brand; Assisting with design and presentation of deal/proposal structure; Monitoring pricing and pricing trends.
- Salesforce.com. Own all Salesforce.com administration and project prioritization. Configure and customize Salesforce.com to include reports, dashboards, territory realignments, user additions/removals, per processes and business needs. Engage in consistent data clean-up and Salesforce.com policy education and enforcement.
- Forecasting. Assist sales leadership in the sales forecasting process and help improve forecasting accuracy through better use of Salesforce and other analysis. Track forecasting trends.
- Analysis and Reporting. Assist sales and company leadership in identifying various sales KPIs. Develop various KPI and revenue related reports and analyze data and trends to inform business decisions, focus, and action.
- Business Planning. Refine customer segmentation, assist with territory management, and help create a plan to enhance renewal and upsell processes.
- Processes. E.g., will own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business; help define techniques to improve the funnel performance for sales management. Enhance sales productivity by enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes and evaluating new tools. Identify and eliminate sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Enablement. Assist in developing Datical sales initial onboarding and ongoing enablement and work with sales leadership and product marketing to coordinate ad execute the enablement.
- Compensation Planning. Work with sales leadership, Finance, and HR in new hire, annual, and quarterly sales compensation planning and rollout.
- Coordination. As needed, help sales leadership coordinate internal sales meetings such as deal reviews, team meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Lead Generation Support. Partner with Inside Sales leadership and marketing to refine the lead qualification process and report on and analyze campaign performances with Salesforce and other BI dashboards.
- Documentation. Create and maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and relevant sales training materials and assist with onboarding new sales talent.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations and/or business systems preferably in software/technology
- 5+ years of experience with salesforce administration, configuration, and customization. Lightning experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in a Sales Ops, Business Ops, or similar role
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact
- Analytical and demonstrated ability to extract key business insights through data analysis
- Proven Salesforce subject matter expertise with experience creating reports, optimizing processes, training new hires, managing dashboards, etc
- Organized and highly detail oriented
- Internally motivated and assertive, agile, a self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively
- Previous deal desk and/or revenue recognition experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Track record in driving change and removing hurdles in fast growth organizations by working cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance and IT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to C-level executives
- Advanced Excel skills with a strong understanding of Salesforce, and marketing automation platforms such as Marketo and Pardot
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field