Sales Operations Manager at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
This is a critical managerial role on our growing Sales Operations team. Reporting to our Director of Sales Operations, you’ll help shape our processes and optimize our supporting systems to allow WP Engine to deliver revenue growth targets. In addition, you will get to lead, mentor and develop several outstanding sales ops professionals.What is Cool About This Job
WP Engine has bold top-line growth targets and Sales Operations is a enabler of those goals. You’ll be shaping how we look at and run the business, problem solving around a diverse set of topics, and interacting with just about every function at the company. We’re writing the book now on how to attack our next phase of growth and you will play a significant role in shaping our future direction. You’ll find our Sales organization to be fun, high energy, supportive, and collaborative - you’ll enjoy working alongside them.The Day to Day
No two days will be the same here - if you like variety then you’ll love this role.Your Expertise and Passion
You strike the balance between understanding the realities of sales, creating pragmatic processes to support sales goals, and being more than comfortable popping open the hood on the underlying technology (Salesforce.com in particular) to bring your ideas to life.
- Strong leadership and managerial abilities. Can steer the team to the highest impact initiatives, empower them to tackle a broad range of projects, and can develop each of them to take the next steps in their careers.
- Have an eye for identifying and prioritizing initiatives that have the greatest business value, whether revenue growth, opportunities for efficiency, or other strategic impacts.
- Strong technically, particularly in relation to Salesforce.com. Experience in Salesforce and understand the full capabilities of that system. Additionally, hold a point of view on workflow development and process improvement and can identify tradeoffs of different potential approaches to problem-solving.
- Work with a diverse sales tech stack, current and future state. Currently that entails: SFDC, Salesloft, Clearbit, LinkedIn Navigator, Hoopla and components of other systems (Zendesk, Dialpad, Docsend, and more).
- Being open for to development as you prepare for the next level of management
- Provide strategy and direction for our Salesforce.com environment which represents one of our most critical enterprise systems.
- Advise Sales Leaders and other leaders on a variety of topics including attainment, prioritization, performance improvement opportunities, people development, sales strategy, and team design
- Simplify and improve the processes used by our sales reps globally, including transactional processes, Rules of Engagement, Salesforce hygiene, etc.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with key organizations such as Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and R&D relating to topics such as marketing effectiveness, new product introduction, M&A integration, operationalizing key partnerships, etc.
- Streamline and improve Sales Operations processes including request intake, initiative prioritization, documentation, and roadmap development.
- Exemplify our culture - doing the right thing by our customers, approaching the role with a high degree of integrity, making decisions for the long-term good of the company.
- Bring a strong work ethic and a willingness to lead, teach, and roll-up the sleeves and do.
- Not only are creative in coming up with solutions but understand the importance of organizational change and can successfully implement solutions across a growing and global sales organization.
- Have a perspective on standard methodologies around data management; how to improve the data we have and ensure clean data going forward.
- A phenomenal teammate who is willing to work hard and can partner well with others. You can also see the bigger picture and how your efforts support company goals.
- Clear communication in both written and spoken forms and can translate concepts across business and technology contexts.
- Experience in an environment similar to ours - a high growth, high transaction volume, mid-sized tech business.
- Confidence to make decisions and drive initiatives forward.
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Company Wellness Days
- Wellness Program
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.